On November 28, 2016, the Federal Housing Administration (“FHA”) published Mortgagee Letter 2016-18, “Mortgagee Use of Professional Employer Organizations.” The purpose of this Mortgagee Letter is to clarify HUD requirements for mortgagees that contract with professional employer organizations and similar entities for human resources services. The guidance outlines permissible and impermissible uses of contractors, as well as the standard for use and required documentation for use of contractors. This Mortgagee Letter replaces previously issued guidance contained in HUD Handbook 4000.1 governing the use of contractors by FHA-approved mortgagees. The updated guidance is effective immediately. To read the full Mortgagee Letter, click here.
- FHA Releases Guidance on Use of Professional Employer Organizations
- CFPB Updates Mortgage Servicing Small Entity Compliance Guide
- CFPB Warns Mortgage Lenders and Brokers They May be Out of Compliance with HMDA
- CFPB Issues Updated Guidance on Vendor Management and Oversight
- Another Win for Lenders Against a Former Subsidiary of Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. (“LBHI”)